1. De-sire of ev-‘ry liv-ing thing,
com-pas-sion bring to light,
Hope for your pro-mised birth-ing, God,
day draw-ing in from night.
2. On tip-toe seek-ing signs of you,
the edge of our sha-lom,
Peace pray your pre-sence meet each grief,
your song yet find a home.
3. An-chor of hearts, your sto-ry bind
us in this groan-ing world,
Joy here em-brace to stay a-wake,
your cre-a-tion un-furl.
4. Dwell-er of word, bear-er of beam,
from cra-dle un-to cross,
Love make us strong with-in your pow’r,
your sight and sound to trust.
5. De-sire of ev-‘ry liv-ing thing,
your vis-i-ta-tion keep
Christ in our taste and in our touch,
your spir-it reach-ing leap.
Lyrics William B Jones, 2016, after Mary Luti’s “Prayer at the End of Advent.”
Written to St. Flavian CM (“On Jordan’s Bank the Baptist Cries”).